ABOUT HAITONG BANK, S.A.
Haitong Bank, S.A. is part of Haitong Securities Co. Ltd, which is one of the leading investment banks and securities firms in China listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange and on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Haitong Group has operations in Asia-Pacific (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and India), EMEA (Iberia, the UK, Poland and Ireland) and the Americas (US and Brazil).
Haitong Bank offers a combination of expertise in corporate and investment banking, asset management and private equity businesses. Headquartered in Lisbon (Portugal) and through its offices in Iberia, the UK, Poland, Ireland and Brazil, Haitong Bank has an unrivalled cross-border approach, connecting clients and opportunities across its broad group network with a team of almost 400 professionals.
RISK MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
As an independent control function of the Bank, the Risk Management Department aims to enable the Bank to make informed decisions and ensure that the risk policies approved by the Bank are duly implemented and followed.
Haitong Bank is looking for candidates to integrate the Operational Risk Team, responsible for the measurement, monitoring, control and reporting of the Bank’s operational risk.
Reporting to the Head of Operational Risk the candidate will:
- Assist risk and control owners in the risk and control identification and assessment process;
- Participate in the bank’s risk and control overall assessment;
- Participate in the process of capturing operational risk events, including event classification;
- Ensure the maintenance of the operational risk events database;
- Participate in the follow-up of incidents and corrective measures;
- Calculate operational risk indicators;
- Assist in raising operational risk awareness across the bank;
- Support the preparation of committee materials and other reports related to the Bank’s operational risk exposure;
- Suggest, develop and implement measures to improve and streamline existing processes;
- Participate in the operational risk capital requirements calculation process under current regulatory frameworks;
- Proactively contribute to wider risk function initiatives and projects
- Experience of up to 2 years in similar functions
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Management or similar
- Post-graduate or Master degree in Markets, Financial Instruments or Finance is strongly preferred
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in Excel to maintain, improve and develop existing tools
- Good understanding of Operational Risk concepts and processes
- Good understanding of investment banking activities and financial instruments
- Strong analytic skills
- The ideal candidate is fast-learner, responsible, curious, detail-oriented and self-starter
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong work ethic and commitment
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team
- Job Title: Associate
- Start date: Immediate
- Site: Lisbon
JOB APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Application deadline: 20th November 2018
Send applications to Mafalda.Henriques@haitongib.com