ABOUT HAITONG BANK, S.A.
Haitong Bank, S.A. is part of Haitong Securities Co. Ltd, which is one of the leading investment banks and securities firms in China listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange and on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Haitong Group has operations in Asia-Pacific (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and India), EMEA (Iberia, the UK, Poland and Ireland) and the Americas (US and Brazil).
Haitong Bank offers a combination of expertise in corporate and investment banking, asset management and private equity businesses. Headquartered in Lisbon (Portugal) and through its offices in Iberia, the UK, Poland, Ireland and Brazil, Haitong Bank has an unrivalled cross-border approach, connecting clients and opportunities across its broad group network with a team of almost 400 professionals.
The Compliance team has 15 professionals across the Bank’s geographies. Local heads and the respective units located in the geographies where the Bank is present report functionally to the Head of the Compliance Department in Lisbon.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, the candidate will:
- Assist with monitoring actions;
- Produce reports;
- Monitor legislative and regulatory changes and assist with their incorporation into internal procedures in cooperation with the relevant areas;
- Advise other areas on compliance issues;
- Ensure adherence to external and internal rules and regulations, including GDPR;
- Assist with the preparation of internal training for Bank’s staff.
- Experience of up to 3 years in similar functions
- Degree in Law
- Fluency in English
- Significant knowledge of legislation and regulation applicable to the banking sector, particularly MiFID II and AML-FT rules
- Knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of investment banking products
- Risk oriented with strong analytical, investigation and problem-solving skills
- The ideal candidate is fast-learner, responsible, curious, detail-oriented and self-starter
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong work ethic and commitment
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team.
Haitong Bank is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- Job Title: Associate
- Contract: Permanent. Full Time
- Start date: Immediate
- Site: Lisbon
- Competitive remuneration
JOB APPLICATION REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- References is a plus
Application deadline: 29 March 2019
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: COMPLIANCE19