Haitong Bank always seeks to provide the best service to its customers and cares about their level of satisfaction.
To this end, Haitong Bank provides a complaints management service that comprises the reception, forwarding and processing of complaints, with defined procedures to be adopted in their assessment, decision and response.
Complaints can be addressed through the following means:
Letter: Haitong Bank S.A. – Complaints Management Service
Rua Alexandre Herculano, 38
1269-180 Lisbon – Portugal
Submitting a complaint to Haitong Bank does not invalidate its submission to supervisory authorities, namely the Bank of Portugal and the Securities Market Commission (CMVM).
The customer may also submit complaints through the Complaints Book, which is physically available at Haitong Bank's headquarters, and the Electronic Complaints Book, accessible on the Bank's website via the following link:
Without prejudice to access to competent judicial means, Haitong Bank guarantees customers access to effective and appropriate extrajudicial means of complaining and resolving disputes, in the following cases:
- With regard to the rights and obligations established in Decree-Law no. 107/2017, whenever complaints:
- Are presented by consumers;
- The amount in question is equal to or less than the jurisdiction of the courts of first instance.
- With regard to the rights and obligations associated with financial intermediation services, whenever complaints:
- Are presented by consumers (who assume the role of Non-Professional Investors);
- The complaint has not been fully addressed by both the Bank and the CMVM;
- The amount in question is equal to or less than €15,000 euros.
In accordance with current legislation, Haitong Bank informs that it has joined the Consumer Arbitration Network for Alternative Dispute Resolution regarding Financial Intermediation and Asset Management activities, composed by the following entities:
Centro de Arbitragem de Conflitos de Consumo da Região de Coimbra (www.cacrc.pt);
Centro de Arbitragem de Conflitos de Consumo de Lisboa (www.centroarbitragemlisboa.pt);
Centro de Arbitragem de Conflitos de Consumo de Ave, Tâmega e Sousa (www.triave.pt);
Centro de Informação de Consumo e Arbitragem do Porto (www.cicap.pt);
Centro de Informação, Mediação e Arbitragem de Consumo - Tribunal Arbitral de Consumo (www.ciab.pt);
Centro de Informação, Mediação e Arbitragem do Algarve (www.consumoalgarve.pt);
Centro Nacional de Informação e Arbitragem de Conflitos de Consumo (www.cniacc.pt).
For more information about this service, contact the Compliance Department:
Telephone: +351 21 319 6900