Headquartered in Lisbon, Haitong Bank provides corporate & investment banking services, as well as institutional services to Corporate and Institutional clients in its local and international markets.
Haitong Bank was established as a bank in Portugal in 1993. After its acquisition by Haitong Securities, in 2015, Haitong Bank’s strategy became to connect clients and business opportunities across its broad network, combining its long-standing expertise in Europe and Latin America with Haitong Group’s China angle. The Bank’s competitive differentiator lies precisely in China’s strong cross-border connection with the European and Latin American markets.
Through our Headquarters in Lisbon, we offer the following services:
- DCM – origination, structuring and execution of market-oriented debt and equity instruments, providing services to corporates, financial institutions, public companies and state-related entities
- Structured Finance – development of financing solutions and provision of services to its clients based on its long track-record and expertise in project finance, acquisition finance and other credits
- M&A Advisory – Financial advisory services on local and cross-border transactions both on buy- and sell-side, relying on its “Sino-EU M&A Department” responsible for all Haitong Bank’s M&A business between China and the Eurozone
- Fixed Income - a 'product factory' and a distribution platform for debt products and OTC derivatives, bringing strong local knowledge to an international platform level and capturing the flow between clients in different regions
- Corporate Derivatives – provision of tailor-made solutions to clients aiming at optimising their hedging strategy against an increase in interest rates, exchange rate variations and in fixing the cost / sale price of raw materials
- Global Asset Management – a European vehicle for managing the Haitong Group’s collective investment undertakings, capitalising on the Haitong Group’s know-how in Asian assets and on its solid track-record in European assets. Haitong Global Asset Management, resulting from the conversion of Haitong Capital SCR (already approved by the Regulator) into a broad asset management unit, is under a reorganisation process and will operate in Portugal