Haitong Bank offers investment banking services to Corporate and Institutional Clients, both in the local and international markets. The Bank began its activity in Spain in 2001 with the acquisition of one of the largest independent securities companies at that time, and has maintained a strong commitment to Spain ever since.
Our goal is to develop a sustainable profitable business focused on a fee-oriented investment banking model, aligned with Haitong Bank’ strategy. The business model is set to rely on a domestic business flow and in cross-border markets, by capitalizing on the Chinese-driven business. We do this through a range of financial products and services and seasoned local professionals in each of its areas.
The combination of a wide platform with a presence in the markets of Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia, plus top-notch local experience and close relationships with our Spanish clients, is another distinguishing feature of Haitong Bank’s value proposition in Spain.
The Madrid branch offers services such as:
- M&A – Advisory services on local and cross-border transactions both on buy- and sell-side, relying on its privileged relationship with the Spanish business community
- FICC – Selectively underwrite securities’ issuances with strong placing potential
- DCM – renewable energy sector financing / refinancing single assets or portfolio of assets and short-term corporate financing
- Structured Finance – Selectively participate in structured finance transactions with a strong syndication potential or a Chinese angle
- Equities – through a partnership with Haitong International Securities